Food & Beverage
- Our Client: Major CPG Manufacturer
- The Industry: Food & Beverage
- Our Tools: In-Person Quantitative Surveys & Focus Groups
Our client, a large CPG manufacturing company, came to IIM hoping to discover the most effective packaging design for one of its new, all-natural products.
- To launch a package design that communicates the new product’s unique, all-natural benefit in a way that resonates with consumers.
- To determine the optimal size for the packaging.
- To identify the most appealing package design to consumers.
Our Customized Approach
IIM used electronic in-person data collection to record and review consumers’ opinions of different packaging designs and ultimately identify the top concepts. Next, we leveraged our quantitative findings to selected participants from the same group of consumers on the same day for qualitative, in-person focus groups. These groups provided us with a better understanding of consumer’s perceptions of the top concepts.
Thanks to our approach, we were able to:
- Shave 3 weeks off our client’s project timeline
- Successfully identify the most compelling design and package size
- Discover and convey the importance of leveraging imagery to link key emotional benefits to the client’s product
Download the case study below.Download Now