Planters Peanut Butter
- Our Client: Planters Peanut Butter
- The Industry: Food & Beverage
- Our Tools: Online Digital Diaries and Web Cam IDIs
Client believes opportunity exists to grow the Planters Peanut Butter business among key consumer groups.
Better understand commonalities across consumer group’s core values, product usage and shopping behaviors to identify growth opportunities.
Our Customized Approach:
Online Digital Diaries: To learn about Planter’s target consumers and their relationship with peanut butter over time.
Web Cam IDIs: To discuss consumer snacking occasions, brand preferences and brand comparisons.
- The best way to build an emotional connection and empathy with these consumers is by showing you understand their core values of family, health and fitness, treating others well and continuous personal growth and self-improvement.
- Keeping tonality and imagery very “optimistic” is the best approach for communicating with these consumers.
- The habitual shopping nature of these consumers when it comes to peanut butter will make finding a way to break through the clutter at the shelf critical going forward. Leveraging the above, along with messages focused on taste, health, price and key usage occasions will help in gaining their attention at shelf.
- Identifying compelling ways to get into consumers’ “consideration set” before their shopping trip should also be explored.
Recommended Messaging Direction:
- “Can-Do” Tone
- Highlight Health, Taste & Different Usage Occasions
The Results and Outcomes:
Findings validated team’s hypothesized marketing challenge that consumers don’t have a compelling reason to switch brands and tend to buy peanut butter out of habit.
Key insights shared throughout organization will be used to inform brand strategy, positioning and messaging moving forward.
To speak with someone now, please call 847.853.1500 or click here to request a free consultation.