Health & Wellness Provider
- Our Client: Biotech company
- The Industry: Biotech
- Our Tools: Online IDIs, Attitudes & Usage, Custom Idea Workshop, Concept Screening & Optimization
A biotech company is at a critical point in its evolution and is seeking to place an emphasis on marketing efforts going forward. To ensure that its marketing efforts have maximum impact, it seeks to:
- Size and profile potential consumer markets
- Identify and quantify consumer needs for each potential market
- Understand the brand’s strengths and weaknesses relative to the competition
- Identify the importance of product/service attributes and benefits
- Understand consumer shopping behavior and channel perceptions as it relates to product purchasing
Our Customized Approach:
Online Text-Based IDIs - To understand consumer perceptions, attitudes and needs
Quant. AA&U (with omnibus incidence check) - To identify & quantify target consumers’ needs, brand perceptions and distribution channels
Idea Workshop (client-led) - To identify potential new product / service ideas based on target market understanding
Concept Screening & Optimization - To begin assessing new product / service ideas
- Two identified target markets demonstrate the most potential in terms of overall volume & frequency of use. These two segments share many of the same key needs, namely accuracy and privacy, with some minor differences.
- Though not the deciding benefit every time, accuracy is the product’s most critical benefit regardless of target segment. Client Company can communicate accuracy benefit in a more compelling way to differentiate from its competitive set.
- Privacy is a huge product benefit in this space, but competitive products own this benefit over the Client Company due to superior packaging and ability to read results at home.
- The internet plays a tremendous role in the Client Company’s key products exploration and education (due to the importance of privacy).
- Target product to two identified target markets and focus on shared key needs – accuracy and privacy - for communicating product benefits.
- Client Company should communicate accuracy benefit in a more compelling manner on-pack and online.
- Consider packaging changes, particularly among those purchasing product in-store to assure consumers on privacy benefit.
- Explore ways to increase its digital presence as an expert in the product / category space to influence purchase decisions. Online initiatives to consider include being a hub for guidance, product info and host for consumer conversations.
Results and Outcomes:
- Client Company to re-vamp their current website to make recommended accuracy and privacy adjustments, as well as add relevant content.
- Client Company to explore additional packaging changes to improve accuracy and privacy claims on-pack.
- Client Company exploring avenues to improve their online prescience.
To speak with someone now, please call 847.853.1500 or click here to request a free consultation.